The Wisconsin Council of Churches began informally in the 1930′s as a loose federation of Milwaukee denominations meeting basic human social and economic needs of the depression. In the 1940′s it became an inter-denominational recreational ministry for young people. The Council was incorporated in 1962 and now encompasses 14 denominations with approximately 2,000 congregations and over one million church members. The Council’s network of individuals and congregations reaches every corner of the state.
Download a 4 page Brief History of the Wisconsin Council of Churches (PDF)